Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lots of Lessons



Another week down in the Dirty-D. It is weird to think that I have already been here almost a full transfer, we have transfer calls this week and really I don't know what happened to Feburary. I think we just skipped it, because I cant remeber anything. This week like always was extreemly busy. We dont have any time to do anything anymore, we are always running around and going from meeting to meeting. It is crazy. But this week there is too much to talk about every day individually, so I wanted to just highlight a few experiences.

First was something that happened Thursday night. We had a zone training meeting thursday night for some reason, it was weird to have a meeting at night, but we got done around 8pm and we all got into a train headed to Hauptbahnhof. There were about 20 elders and 2 sisters and we were spread out through the whole train. And then the elders in the front of the Train stood up and started to sing Called to Serve. And one by one we worked our way down the train joining in the song untill the we were all singing. It was so cool, there were people all on the bus just stairing at us and smiling, pretty sure some were laughing too, but it was just one of those experiences that I doubt I will ever have outside the mission. Something so random and fun, but at the same time fill with the spirit and excitement of missionary work. It was really an increadible experience.

There were three lessons this week that really stood out to me. Two of them were with new investigators Saint and Sarah, a younger couple from China, here to study. And one with a young kid from Brazil, also here to study. We have really been working on finding the people whom the Lord has prepared. I really have seen a difference in our teaching as we actively pray and work to find not just anyone but the prepared. It is so hard to explain over an email, but there is a special spirit that is felt as you bear testimony to people who are really ready. In our first lesson with Saint and Sarah, they each prayed for the first time in their entire life. They were so open and ready for the gospel, not just open but truely seeking and thursting for the truth. The Lord is quickening His work. I have learned so much since coming to Duisburg. Being in a University city there is so many people to teach. But we aren't just looking for people, we dont just teach lessons, we are really here to be the Lord's hands in bringing people unto Chirst. I dont think my email made a lot of sense this week. It does in my head, but none of you can read my thoughts.

Another thing I have really learned is the power of preach my gospel. To all those who are not yet on missions but still preparing, read and learn and live preach my gospel. It has taken me a while to realize how true the principals in that book are. It is not just a guide to teaching, but as we follow it's council the spirit will be there stronger than if we try to do it our own way. Preach my gospel is not just there to give you ideas, but it truely is inspired.

I know this week I didn't have a lot of details, sorry, hopefully next week, but for me, this week was more about what I learned. So I wanted to share that will you all.

Mit Liebe,

Elder Blackley




No comments:

Post a Comment