Monday, February 4, 2013

Week Fourteen


This week has been busy, busy busy, busy... I am not quite sure how we got everything done, and how we managed to stay sain while doing everything.  But it all turned out good, just another blessing.  But I would have to say that the theme this week has been miracles and tender mercies.

So this week, it may not seem like a lot to some, but it felt like we were just always running around, but we had two splits and a ton of other things everywhere.  But it started out with Siegen, which I am going back again today for another split.  I spent the night in Siegen and we traded companions for a day, so I was with Elder Milton, and we had a really fun time teaching.  They have a University in Siegen, which means we got to speak to a ton of young college students, which was a nice change, normally here in Hagan, they are families and mostly old.  But then on tuesday, I was back in Hagan and we had our English class, and a new investigator came, which was SOOO awesome! I am super excited, a young couple, the wife from Cezk and the husband is german.  But they are way nice.  But it was tuesday that we had our first big tender mercy of the Lord.  We were walking around (after I was already back in Hagan) and our lesson had just got cancelled, we had another lesson with a Jehovas Wittness who just wanted to argue the whole time, and then we went by on another investigator who was... ya he was not all there... So we were walking down the slums of Hagan (and by slums I mean the worst, but not even bad part) and we were just feeling bad, and then from right behind us comes this lady running and yelling ELDERS,  it was Tanja, a lady that we had tought with our Hungarian Family.  And she told us that the family had been talking about us and really wanted us to come back and that she wanted to be there for the next lesson.  Oh that just made my day!  I love the Lord and His tender mercies that just make me humble and see the hand of the Lord in all things.

Then on Wednesday it was time for another split, but this time I stayed in Hagan and Elder Garlick (the zone leader) and I worked here.  We were able to go by on our African investigator, Brother Kekere, and we had an Awesome lesson.  But it was the weirdest day with weather.  It must of downpoored like 10 different times throughout the day, and then inbetween it was super sunny.  There was even a time when it was sunny, and the rain was coming down in buckets.  The next big moment for me this week was sitting in Herna Bahnhof.  We were just sitting there waiting for our Umsteig and we were outside, it was dumping rain, and we had missed our Umsteig once and we were an hour late getting back to Dortmund, and it was right then that I just felt peace.  I cant really explain it, other than peace.  I knew that what I was doing was exactly what I needed to be doing.  I had nothing on my mind, no stress, no doubts, just this overwhelming sense of love for what I am doing. 

The rest of the week went pretty smoothly, we had a lot of things to do, but they were all in Hagan and we were able to get everything done, but I have really just been amazed at the work of the Lord.  I swear, every time we are thinking about a family and how to get in contact with them, we see them walking in the stadt or they call us or just miracles happen.  I have really been trying to just stop and really look at all the ways the Lord helps us as missionaries, because sometimes it can been hard working in Germany, where people yell at missionaries and they are not always the friendliest encounters.  But never has the left us as we have been working here in Hagan, it is such a testimony builder to this wonderful work.

Other than that not much has gone on, I have no pictures this week, but we are going to Hohensyburg Castle today and then going to play soccer at the field next to the Castle, no big deal, but I will probably have pictures for next week.  I love it here and I just want everyone to know that I love them and I miss them, but I am so happy to be doing this.  This is the only place I want to be right now.  Here in Hagan, serving with all my heart, might, mind, and streangth.   

Love,  

Elder Blackley

No comments:

Post a Comment