Monday, February 4, 2013

Week Twenty-Two


I don't have much time this week, we have things to get done this week, but that is ok because not much happened.
 
So the big news was that we had transfers this thursday, and I had to go down to Frankfurt to go pick up my new Golden.  But getting down to Frankfurt was quite the adventure.  So the trainers have a meeting wednesday night, so Elder Lymon and I (the only two trainers from the Dortmund Zone) met in Dortmund to go down to Frankfurt together on Wednesday morning.  We had our tickets already and it said that we were leaving at 14:28 from Dortmund.  Little did we know, that what they meant to say was from Düsseldorf... I dont know why it said Dortmund, but we missed our train and ended up missing the first 2 hours of our training meeting and paying 100€ in order to make it down to Frankfurt on the next train.  I do not know how they still trusted me to train... But by some miracle they think I am responsable. 
 
We eventually made it to Frankfurt and the last hour of our meeting before we went to the hotel to spend the night.  It was kinda fun being on the other side of the whole operation.  It brought back fun memories of being sweaty and nasty and tired and worried.  Haha, those first couple days in Germany were the best.  But then thursday we found out our new companions.... My new companion is Elder Olson.  He is from Sandy, Utah, and is an excelent new missionary for Hagen.  I am super excited about the next two transfers, he seems to be really motivated and excited to work hard.  We have only been together for like 5 days, and we have been super busy, so I do not know a ton about him, but I am sure there will be more info to come.  Hopefully there will be a picture with this.
 
Our district got 4 new missionaries, Elders Olson, Shepherd, Roberts, and Davis.  There are now two sets of Elders and a set of Sisters in Dortmund, they are doing so great there.  But taht was pretty much all the big changes here.  Elder Butcher is down in Kaiserslauten, and loving it.  It was super sad to say goodbye to him, I am bad a goodbyes anyways, and when you have been with someone every second for three months straight, it is even harder.  But I guess thats the life of a missionary. 
 
Transfers ate up like two days this week, so it feels like this week has just flown by, I dont really remember what all happened except for the fact that it feels like I have spent an eternity on trains this week.  Another super busy week, and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down for a while.  I hope that means that we are doing good, because we litterally have almost no time for anything except appointments now.  We are just always traveling and meeting with people.  It has been so much fun, I know I say this alot, but I love my mission.  I am so happy here.  Sorry that this weeks letter is a bit short, next week will defiantly be longer.
 
Oh and thanksgiving was weird here.  I didn't even realise that it was thanksgiving untill after I was already in bed for the night.  CRAZY... maybe Elder Olson and I will have a make-up thanksgiving sometime this week, because last thursday we forgot. 
 
Viele Liebe,
 
Elder Blackley

No comments:

Post a Comment