Monday, February 4, 2013

Week Twelve


Another amazing week here in Germany.  I dont think there will every be a boring week while I am out on my mission, just when you think everything is going the same as another day, something crazy happens.  I love being a missionary.  There is really no other place in the world I would rather be right now, I am having so much fun, and teaching people about this restored gospel is amazing.  To see people change as you talk about Christ brings such happiness, it is hard to discribe.

But this past week went really well.  I had said earlier that when I got here there were not many prospects as far as investigators went, but I am excited to say that we have a couple families that seem really excited about the gospel.  I am excited to see how they progress, the work is really moving forward here in Germany.  We talk to so many people every day, it is interesting the kind of people we meet.  Right now we are teaching people from Togo Africa, Morroco, Hungry, Germany, Poland, and Turkey.  There are just so many different cultures and ideas, there is never a boring day on the mission, I have learned so much.  People love talking to us about America and why two young guy walk around and talk about religion.  But it seems like people really enjoy talking to us, after all of our appointments everyone always says how nice we are, one old german man even said we were Amigos.  It was funny listening to him try and say amigos in a german accent, he thought he was so funny.
 
Something cool about Germany is the stores.  I know that sounds kinda lame, but really they are quite impressive.  We contact every day in the Fußgänger zone, which is just like a giant outside mall, that is like the city center for every city.  It huge and is like 4 or 5 streets, but we were in Dortmund on Monday last week, because Elder Butcher needed new shoes.  We went into a shoe store and it was 5 stories with an elevator, nothing but shoes, and some of the shoes were like 800 €.  It was insane.  And they just have stores like that for everything, and then street vendors everywhere, huge Churches, and it is just a fun place to be.  I really love Germany it has been so much fun.

But I would have to say the highlight of my week was yesterday during our member dinner.  So we had the most delicious meal ever.  Oh it was so good, I know I had to wait a while to get real german food, but... oh the food is so good.  But then we went on a walk with this family and did some contacting.  But they took us to this lake, and huge damm, it was beautiful, actually reminded me alot of Alaska.  They live in Lüdensheid, which is a small town in the south of our area, and it is so gorgeous there, just rolling hills, farms, and just really pretty.  But the best part of the hole thing was the drive back.  It was on this little tiny road, that was only wide enough for one and a half cars, but everytime another car came, you had to slow down to like a crawl and drive half way off the road so that they could pass.  It is a tiny windy road through the country, and while we are driving we see this man coming towards us.  This man in a funny little had walking in the middle of the road.  And then there were thousands of sheep.  It was hilarious.  We had to turn off the car and just wait as thousands of sheep just passed us on this small road following this funny looking guy.  It was so awesome,  I love germany. I got some pictures, I think they will be in this email hopefully.  

But other than that, this week was full of teaching and finding. We have found some really great families who really are interested in learning more about Chirst.  It is amazing to see people's countinance change, even just during the 30 minutes that we spend explaining that there is a Heavenly Father that loves them.  This gospel really does change lives.  The work here in Hagan is picking up and we going to see some miracle soon. I love this gospel, it has brought me such great happiness.  To come home after a long day, feet aching from walking city to city, and take off your shoes knowing that you gave your all to the Lord that day... Nothing is greater than that.  I want all of you to know that this gospel is true and that nothing brings me greater joy than to be apart of the Lords great work here in germany.  


Love,

Elder Blackley

No comments:

Post a Comment