Monday, February 4, 2013

Week Thirty


This week was rough.  I always knew that missions were not always easy, but this week was exceptionally not easy.  There is just a lot of things going on here in Hagen, and then this week it seems like everything just stoped or took a turn for the worse. One investigator is moving, another went on vacation, another got in a car accendent, it just didn't work out at all this week.  It was kinda a slow week, and then on top of that, we traveled alot this week.  We went to Siegen twice this week, which is a two hour train, one way, and then we had two street preachs in other areas.  That meant that we didn't have hardly any time here in Hagen to work, and then when we were here, we had a lot of time outside in the freezing cold and I was sick all week.  But it is a new week and new opportunities.  We have a lot of things planned for this week, and I am sure things are going to get better and we will continue to see miracles here in Hagen.
 
I dont want to spend this whole letter complaining, so I thought that instead of talking about my week this week, I wanted to share something that I learned.
 
It has to do with Eternal Heavenly Father.  And the literal meaning of the word Father.  I think that alot of what we do concerning our Heavenly Father is done because of His role as God.  But the role He plays as Father is something that should be emphasized.  The nature of a father, the idea idea that all our father is, is what we will become, is something that aplies not only with our earthly father but our Heavenly Father as well.  That just as we grow and look like our earthly father, perhaps we have blue eyes or maybe the same smile, there is a spiritual development that is accociated with the father of our spirits.  That as we recognize our divine potential, we develope those things that our Father in Heaven has.  Charity, humility, patience, diligence, virtue, knowledge, usw. 
 
Our desire to develope these characteristics is sometimes hard, and often thought of as personal.  But just as our earthly father provides for our earthly development, our Heavenly Father provides for our spiritual developement.  We are not alone in this strive for perfection. 
 
I don't have much time left, but I would like to say that I know that my Heavenly Father lives and loves me.  I know that there is a happiness that awaits all who rise up and realize thier eternal potential.  We are so much more than we have become, we are sons and daughters of the Most High, if we are to become all that was intended, we must realize the perfect love our Father has for us, and then rely on all He has provided for us, in order to grow up to be just like our Dad.
 
Viele Liebe,
 
Elder Blackley

No comments:

Post a Comment